mama kumquat

A blog from someone who has little of importance to say

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Well, in attempts to keep track of my friends without actually having time to call and talk to anyone for more than 5 minutes, i started checking out their blogs. If i wanted to post a comment, it appears as though i am forced to sign up for a blog--hence this posting. I find it really strange (and really, in some ways, self-important) that anyone would want to read anything that i would have to say as i feel that my life is incredibly uninteresting. I have a new baby. I don't sleep. I don't have time to find a way to drop those last eight pounds. I don't have amazing sex anymore. My vocabulary must be that of a sixth grader these days(and that's being generous). And honestly, i am so worn out that i did not go to work today.

The most exciting (and hell, let's even use the word "dramatic" because that what sells and thus, if i want my two friends who have blogs to ever check in on mine, i better make this worth their while). Anyway, the most dramatic thing that has happened recently is that my son got diagnosed with eczema. Yeah, not real exciting. But it has been really troublesome, layers of skin on his head peeling away, revealing pink and oozing sub-layers of skin. It was enough to break any mama's heart. My poor baby. So glad we have a prescription now.

So yeah, that's my first post. My baby's oozing eczema.
And Sarah, i fucking love V. Mars. Have loved it since i first started watching it Season one. And here's a confession: when it was on wednesdays, i stopped watching Lost for it. Yeah, i fucking love Veronica. I have another TV show confession for a show i am hooked on but i'll leave you wanting more, ladies. And you two friends know who you are......

4 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Dillinger said...

YAY!! I had no idea you were even reading my blog until I talked to Molly a few days ago. Blogs are cool. Even JOHN admitted tonight that he might start one up for work. But I'll totally read yours and I'll blogroll it (meaning I'll link to yours.)

Poor Charlie! He'll get better soon, I'm sure. I need to get down there, but I'm unemployed and have no cash right now. I'll make a weekend out of it, for sure.

Love you!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Leslie Dillinger said...

Meaning I'll link it to mine, is what I meant to say in that earlier sentence.

11:30 PM  
Blogger molly_g said...

welcome to blogging dear caty. I hope charlie isn't too uncomfortable with the skin stuff! It's currently too early for greatness in writing, but I did want to say hooray!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Mr Lady said...

Dude, you have THREE friends with blogs.

If old high school friends count.

I am excited to read your blog!

~Shannon (aka Mr. Lady)

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home