mama kumquat

A blog from someone who has little of importance to say

Monday, February 18, 2008

Valtrex isn't Just for Your STD


On Saturday, i was in the shower scrubbing down and wow, something on my leg is super itchy! I look further and i have a rash on my thigh, lower, near my knee but on the back of my leg. It's all red and has little blisters. What the FUCK!

I go to the Dr.'s today, just to make sure i am not infecting my son with some fleshing eating virus and sweet, he thinks i have Shingles. Like, David Letterman made this famous. I have David Letterman's Disease. It's a grown up form of the chicken pox, both of which are a herpes virus but NOT related to herpes as we know it. Shit, i've never even had a cold sore.

He tells me i need an anti-viral medication and he writes this down: Valtrex. And the name triggers a memory. A memory of two people on my TV screen talking about how one person who has herpes, doesn't necessarily have to give it to their loved one, who is depicted with their afflicted partner riding bikes on the beach.

I can't wait to see the pharmacist's face flood with sympathy when i go to fill this. And now my husband has even more teasing rights. Me, Letterman, Shingles and Herpes medicine. The fun never stops here.

5 Comments:

Blogger molly_g said...

Shingles sucks. Sorry dude. I'll buy you a tee shirt that says Dude, I don't have herpes.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Leslie Dillinger said...

That SUCKS, dude! Valtrex. Heh.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

shingles! you poor thing...how is the treatment going??

pittsburgh is actually showing signs of spring (thank GOD)...i think about you alot, as i keep finding cool things about pittsburgh...when are you coming to visit!!?

6:43 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

hey caty..remember at the reception, you said you might be able to hook me up with a contact here in pittsburgh? i need it...can you give me a call..i lost your number!

11:42 AM  
Blogger molly_g said...

I told my mom your story. She wants you to know that she thinks of you every time she hears a Valtrex commercial.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home