mama kumquat

A blog from someone who has little of importance to say

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Night and Britney

I am so on to you, Britney Spears! I know she filed for divorce today because it would coincide with election news and she thinks it will not get as much press coverage. But i am on to her, dammit. And i think about K-Fed and his breaking heart this election night and how he must ache despite the fact that he doesn't care about anything else, not even his own four children. He probably never even made it out to vote. The whole country loses out when k-fed doesn't show up to vote. I am really going to miss interviews of them talking about how much they love each other and how this marriage is going to last forever and ever. Damn those kids....why couldn't they work it out?

Yeah, work it out just like those Democrats who had enough fucking common sense to shut their damn mouths the last few months (save Kerry's idiotic comment) and just let the venomousness of the Republicans come back to bite them in the ass. As my wise grandfather had been known to say, "People fall of their own weight." I have been waiting six years to watch this implosion and while i thought it would happen a bit sooner, i can honestly say that this election time will make me happy for a long long time. Take that Rick Santorum! Shove your loss and your arrogant-ass comment about how you'll win the election and then run to be House Majority Whip right up your self-righteous tookus. I feel so much better writing that.

Noah's Flood has arrived in Oregon. I am hoping it is symbolic of the cleansing this whole damn country needs. Thank God (and i mean that literally), i hope i have a ride on the ark.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Dillinger said...

Yay, Dems! I should, uh, check on what happened here. I couldn't vote b/c I thought you automatically got signed up when you got your license, like in Texas. Not the case. I've learned a valuable civic lesson today.

11:07 PM  
Blogger molly_g said...

You are giving Britney a lot of credit there. But sure, it kind of ruined my blue weds. when I heard that their marriage wasn't going to last.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I still feel like I am walking on clouds after the Democrats cleaned up on Election Day. I tried to be mature about not gloat, but after six years. That so didn't work.

Welcome to blogging and to motherhood. Motherhood is such a wonderful, crazy and amazing thing. Hope your napping when you can, those first six months were rough.

My not so little boy is 11.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home